La Pedrera FACTS Casa Xelajú Spanish School
La Pedrera Community Project in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala started in 1995 with 13 children. In 2020 there are 45 children enrolled in the program.
Opened: 1995 with 13 students
Graduates: 70 students have graduated since 2006.
45 Children are currently enrolled in the program. 28 girls and 17 boys.
The cost for supporting a child is US$21 per month.
- Supplies– textbooks, notebooks, pencils, etc.
- Uniform for school and for sports
- Two pairs of shoes—one pair for sports and the one for daily use
- Donations that schools ask during the school year
- Medical care
- Casa Xelaju administers the program. All administrative costs are paid out of the Casa Xelaju budget, including:
- Building maintenance
- Utilities—Electricity and water
- Internet connection to the new computer lab
Follow us on the Facebook page